Friday, May 9, 2008

Waikiki

Our motel was on Waikiki beach, so we spent ample time playing at our beach:
Grandpa and Grandma were always troopers heading straight for the water when we got there.
The boys played frisbee quite a few times.
Grandma heading into the water and the boys heading out to snorkel.
Us girls, chose to remain on the beach to read, sunbathe.....And check out the sites....
The boys decided to try their luck at body boarding one morning: Watching some of them run for the waves and plop down on what they thought was going to be water and hit the ground was pretty entertaining to watch. I think the consensus on body boarding was that it was a lot harder than it looked.
Amazingly, Grandma was able to get me in the water the first day....a feat in and of itself. I don't like going in water that I can't see the bottom and what is around me....so "Hooray!" for Grandma. I definitely had more fun because I overcame one of my fears from the get-go!

2 comments:

tanya.... said...

Awesome pics! Thanks for the post, can we go back now?

Autumn said...

Seriously...I'm ready to go back anytime!