Monday, May 19, 2008

Bald Is Beautiful!!

As some of you have already heard, our family got some bad news last Wednesday on Grandpa Mike's 59th birthday, his leukemia is back. He just started another round of chemo yesterday and he will be having a bone marrow transplant more than likely in July. We are really saddened by the news but are very hopeful and feel really blessed that he is starting treatment again before he has gotten really sick and that we are lucky enough to have a bone marrow "donater" already. (Thanks Aunt DeAnn!!) My boys in the spirit of helping Grandpa not to feel so alone in the baldness have already championed the cause:
We are looking forward to a summer full of seeing Grandpa and Grandma, kicking leukemia's butt for good, and enjoying the coolness of being hair-free!!

5 comments:

Autumn said...

I can't believe you did that right BEFORE family pictures! Whoops! Hehehehehe!

Bonnie said...

Yeah...no one gave me the memo or else I would have held off for a little bit longer!!

Rochelle said...

I think it's even better to do it right before family pictures, it has meaning to it!
I say horah! on kicking cancers butt there's nothing else you can do that's worth while anyway so kick away!

Bonnie said...

Thanks, Rochelle! We'll always remember why my boys are bald in these pix!

Autumn said...

Just fell off my chair laughing about your smelly garden confession! Do you think your neighbors hate you worse this year than last year???