Monday, November 5, 2007

50 things I love about my Farmer

I heard that Jeff thinks that I could not come up with 2 things that I like about him, so I am considering it a challenge. Here goes:
1. This past year he was a farmer.....I really hope it was just a mid-life crisis. I was impressed with how devoted he was to his little farm.
2. He is very patient and seldom raises his voice. I have only heard him swear once in 11 years.
3. I met him 11 years ago at an off-campus BYU dance and asked him if my hair stank.....He was brave enough not to run away.
4. He likes to make people laugh--he will moon me whenever given the opportunity.
5. He is not a mind-reader; I have learned this after many years...
6. He is an eternal optimist.
7. He is the best father!!
8. He would do anything to help anyone.
9. He hates to wait for anyone (hence, we are always waiting for him).
10. He taught our boys a naked, get ready dance.
11. He loves to tell funny stories. He honestly believes that he had the haunta virus when he was younger and is the only person in medical history that survived it without medical attention.
12. He cannot keep a secret--he always confides in me!!
13. His favorite show is "Dirty Jobs."
14. He is addicted to playing games and is easily entertained.
15. He is always willing to help the kids with Tae Kwon Do, Baseball, Soccor... any sport that they are interested in. He constantly shows the boys his love for sports.
16. He has only kissed three poeple in his life. He says he didn't need that much 'practice'.
17. He has never drank, smoked, or done drugs. It was never a temptation for him.
18. He HATES tattoos and does not understand why people like them. I hope he instills this in our kids...
19. He is an aspiring politician and will argue till he's blue in the face to try to sway an opinion.
20. He builds houses for a living and really wishes he didn't have to. But, does it for us.
21. Maddie is his princess. He said he would never treat a girl different....but, there's something that having a little girl does for every Dad.
22. I have never seen a tear fall from his eye.(Real men don't cry)
23. He is the ward financial clerk. God works in mysterious ways??
24. He does not like to pay bills.
25. He loves the stock market and envies Corey's(his little brother's) job.
26. He is real tough. He single handedly put a 900 lb log up in his family's cabin.
27. But, he whines when it comes to plucking his uni.
28. He does not believe in going to the doctor unless it is life-threatening. I think he just likes me to take care of him instead of a stranger.
29. He is stubborn.
30. He secretly likes Gizmo but refuses to claim him because he is a wimp.
31. He believes yard-work is for women but will help if I ask.
32. He has a strong testimony and can come up with a spiritual lesson off the top of his head.
33. He changed all three of our children's diapers for the first two days of their lives.
34. He gave me a black eye on our honeymoon. He claims he had to put me in my place from the get-go.
35. He loves to talk on the phone....as long as it is not work related.
36. His dream room would have a toilet, flat-screen TV, a good book, games, and a phone.
37. He wants his family to have everything they want. He likes to spoil us.
38. He likes to go on vacations, as long as he does not have to plan them.
39. He is awesome in a crisis.
40. He is the first and only guy that I have ever felt totally comfortable with.
41. He loves me regardless of my background.
42. Autumn is the only other girl that he is comfortable to be around. Hence, the only person that he can make fun of me to.
43. He doesn't talk very much around groups. He prefers to be out of the spotlight....unless it is at a Halliday-only gathering. Then he is known to do cartwheels, trampoline flips, or piggy-back racing.
44. While we were dating, he told me he knew that he loved me after he went home for Christmas and got the flu. He said all he wanted the whole time he felt horrible was for me to take care of him.
45. He went on a mission to Guatemala and loved every moment there(rashes, getting thrown-up on, and all).
46. He still came back after my mom introduced him as my fiance to others the first time she met him.
47. He is a kid at heart.
48. He is my biggest fan.
49. His family is his biggest priority.
50. He is my best friend.
We have had ten and a half years together and hope to have many more!!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

First let me tell you how sorry I am about Duck. "RIP"

It's funny to read this and see how much the brothers seem to have in common.

Autumn said...

Aaaahhh! This was too funny...and oh so true! He has given us MANY good memories..ie. cartwheels, flips on the trampoline etc....I'm sure there are many more to come! It is so up to me and Jeff to keep this family entertained!! :)

tanya.... said...

what we learn about these boys!! this was a fun little thing to do!?!?!