Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Field Trip to the Farm

On Thursday, May 1st, Maddie and I were lucky enough to help chaperon Garet's pre-school field trip to the farm at Thanksgiving Point. The Wooden Cottage Pre-school does this field trip every year and it is one of my favorites to go on. Unfortunately, this year the weather did not agree with us. When we got out of the car, the thermometer read 36 degrees. When we went on the tractor ride, the wind started picking up. Here are some of the cool farm animals we saw:Okay, I couldn't resist getting a picture of Maddie in front of the piglets. This is about the size ours were last year when they came to our house. Jace asked me if we were going to buy these ones and take them home. I told him: "NO!! Pigs aren't allowed to live in our yard anymore."The whole class checking out the big Clydesdale's.Checking out the LOUD turkeys.Garet by the stinky billy goat
The class looking at the llamas.
Garet feeding some goats corn.
Jace feeding a goat corn. He really liked this little white one...he always looked for it to feed his corn to.
Check out this cute little baby pygmy goat. It only weighs a pound or two and is about 8 inches tall. (I might be able to handle it running around my back yard...)
My crazy group of kids: Trey, Jace, Maddie, Garet and McKay
By the time we left the farm, there were snow flurries. When we got back into the car, the thermometer read 34 degrees. This is what it looked like on our drive back:
At first the kids complained that they couldn't feel their hands...and then by the end of the trip they complained that their hands hurt. Poor guys!! I think we still had fun regardless of the weather!

2 comments:

tanya.... said...

It is always so much fun to go on the field trip with the kids!!

Autumn said...

BRRRR!! I was sad that I was freezing my butt off at recess instead of freezing my butt off with you guys at the farm!! Good thing Jace had his spare mommy to complain to! Cute pictures!!