Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Garet's First Day of Kindergarten!!

Monday was Garet's first day of kindergarten at Lakeview Academy. He was very nervous about forgetting his green homework folder at home, so it was hard to convince him to put it down for a minute to get a picture. (YES, that is a nice injury on his forehead...he had to start the year off right!!)
Handsome Garet in his school uniform!! Doesn't he look like such a suave young man?? As I drove him to school for his first day, I explained to him about carpool. I asked him: "Do you want Mommy to just come pick you up today, so you' re not nervous?" His answer: "Mom, what's it called when you ride home with the other kids? That's what I want to do today." So sad for me!!
Garet and his best bud and cousin Jace!! They are in the same class! Mrs. Wyatt is so lucky!!
(Please note: Green homework folder still in his hand:)

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Hey...they gotta keep track of that green folder! That sticker is SO important!! Jace triple checks everyday to make sure he has it! He seemed a little nervous, so I went ahead and gave him a hug and a kiss for you (and me)...lucky me!! :)

Susie said...

Oh wow, that's a day I'm not looking forward to! I've got one year left. I don't suppose it's any easier just because you've done it before? I've mostly sailed through Jared's milestones, proud of him for growing up so great, but kindergarten scares me. It's a good thing I have another year!
I hope we have to buy school uniforms. Garet looks so dashing!