Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My New Year's Resolutions:

1. Go to temple at least once a month.....still have not gone for January.
2. Pay tithing first.....the family company now does this for us, so don't have this temptation any more.
3. Be more frugal......huh....I will start trying today!!
4. Be in bed by 10:30 every night. I've been getting in bed by 11:30 so far...hope to get better!
5. Work out at least five days a week. Been doing this faithfully, but have yet to lose anything. Decided today that I need to control my diet, too. Today was Day #1 of no snacking between meals. My goal is to lose 14 pounds. Yes, I DO have it to lose!!
6. Drink more water and less soda.....huh...
7. Have Family Home Evening every week. The first week we did this, we accidentally showed our kids an anti-Mormon video. Oops!! We thought it was LDS until we were about 15 minutes into it, then we checked the DVD and the cover. Even since then, we've been doing good.
8. Catch up on scrap booking. Scrapbook at least two hours a week. Have yet to do this one....been going through all of my "junk" drawers instead. I've got to get Autumn on this bandwagon with me.....
9. Spend a half hour with each child after school. Consciously thinking this when they get home, so I don't forget!
10. Manage time better....huh, again! I like to read way too much right now. I can literally waste a whole day reading!! I make sure I do my "chores" and work out before I reward myself with reading time......It's a constant struggle!!

Maybe if I let all of you know my goals, I can actually do better about accomplishing them! Here's to the New Year!!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Because I share many of the same goals...I will help you achieve them...minus the ridiculous scrapbooking one! That's what blogs are for duh!

tanya.... said...

Good Luck! Maybe I will post mine also so I will do them also. Mine are also a lot in the same.

Rochelle said...

Seriously, why is tithing so hard? I have no problem admitting to my weaknesses with that! But I do know the blessings from paying it... AHH!
I like your goals. Good Luck!