Monday, June 23, 2008

Yesterday...Today...and Tomorrow Tag

20 Years Ago....
I was almost 11 years old. It was '88. This was not a happy time in my childhood. My mom was cheating on my dad while he was in the military in Japan. With some of her "winners," we had gun violence in our home. My little sister Margaret was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. We lived in our car a lot. My sisters and I were taken away from my mom and put into foster care. I went to 6 different schools that year. My dad committed suicide that year. Thank goodness it got better!!
10 Years Ago....
I had been married for a little over a year. I lived in our 4-plex, where Autumn was my neighbor. She was also my Visiting Teaching partner. I am so grateful she made me go, I now have a testimony of it that she started!! I worked as an Assistant Manager at Modus Media for the Netscape Team. I loved my job and I loved being in charge. Jeff joined his brother Bryan in partnership of their construction company. Life was good and we started "trying" to have a baby.
5 Years Ago....
We moved back to the 4-plex after selling our house in Payson. Our second little boy Garet was having medical problems, so it no longer made sense to live so far away from Primary Children's. We had also missed Bryan and Autumn and their family....we realized that we really wanted our children to grow up with their cousins as more than mere acquaintances. Autumn and I became better friends this year....I am sooooo grateful for her. I remember we did water aerobics that summer. We would go to aerobics and afterwards drive to Orem to get a doughnut at Krispy Kremes:)!!
3 Years Ago....
Kaleb went to first grade. Garet and I hung out all day. I learned what an awesome little boy he turned into. ( He had been a REALLY hard baby) I could drag him to the hair and nail salon any time I needed to and he would entertain himself...he is still like that. I worked on my yard a lot with Garet just hanging out watching me. Jeff's business was doing really well...the house market was on fire!! I got called to serve as the first counsellor in the Primary in our Ward. I thought the Bishopric was joking...I was never a "kid" person...especially other people's kids. It turned into a great experience. I learned so much serving with Michelle and she remains a dear friend. Later this year, the Stake changed our Ward boundaries and put us into an "older" Ward. I was devastated to begin with. We started to get little promptings that our family was not complete. We went to the OB/GYN to start the process of "trying." That same night, we were called into the Bishop's office. I was getting called as the Primary President and Jeff was getting called as the second counsellor in the Young Men's. So much for taking it easy and focusing on our family for a while....Of course we got pregnant that first month(it had NEVER happened before!!).
1 Year Ago....
Life was just happening to us...nothing exciting. Jeff's business was doing well. We were enjoying being "established" and not putting in a yard. Kaleb got baptized. Jeff went to the feed store with the boys and brought home "Chick" and "Duck" who had only hatched that day. He started watching "Dirty Jobs" faithfully and got the crazy idea to raise a pig for meat. Needless to say, the one pig that was supposed to live on a vacant lot in Pleasant Grove turned into four pigs living in my back yard. AAAHHHH! Right after this, Jeff's dad got really sick and was later diagnosed with leukemia. We became regulars at the Huntsman Cancer Institute.
So Far This Year....
Jeff's company has been struggling with the housing market collapse. We went to Disneyland for Thanksgiving. Jeff's parents took all of their six boys and spouses to Hawaii. Garet graduated from pre-school. Jeff's dad's leukemia came back. I got called to be the secretary in Relief Society.
Yesterday I....
Got up late. Put our dinner (Broccoli cheese soup with chicken--YUM!) together in the crock pot. Took a shower to get ready for Church and broke out in hives. I had to take my prescription medicine since they came on so fast, so I stayed home from Church and slept once it kicked in. (It has a severe side effect of knocking me out.) Later, Jeff took the kids up to the Huntsman to visit his dad and Maddie threw-up in the car. He got home at 7, so I finally got out of bed and cleaned up throw-up out of her car seat and gave her a bath. Cleaned up the house some since I was finally out of bed and then watched the new "Hairspray" before going back to bed.
Today I....
Went on a four mile run pushing Maddie in the stroller and the boys riding their bikes. I always dread going, but we have fun. (Or it seems like it was fun afterwards?) Got ready for the day. Fed the kids lunch. Put Maddie down for a nap while I ran to get gas (spent $100 and did not even fill my tank all the way up. RRRRRR!) and to the library (yay! more books to read!!). Will make something?? for dinner and then we will go up to the Huntsman for FHE and root beer floats. Maybe go to yoga if we get back in time. Hopefully not go to bed too late so that I am a "nice mommy" tomorrow.
Tomorrow I will....
Get up early and do yoga (I hope!!). Mow my front yard. Get ready for the day. Take the boys to Tae Kwon Do. Go shopping with Maddie for her birthday present (Hey, the boys are the only ones that will remember it, right??). Pick up the boys and eat lunch. Put Maddie down for her nap and take a resty myself while starting a new book (IF all of the above items are done). Clean house some. Make dinner that hopefully all will like and not complain about. Put kids to bed. Go to Relief Society presidency meeting. Update blog some more ( I have two posts that I still need to do). Hopefully not go to bed too late so that I am a "nice mommy" the next day.
In The Next Year I....
Will send two of my three children off to school. Go to the temple more often. Try to start going on dates again with my hubby. Start working on my unfinished scrapbooks to hopefully one day catch up to when I started blogging. Order my 2007 Blog Book. Hopefully lose last ten pounds of Maddie weight if possible. Complain less and enjoy my life and family more!

I'm tagging Cami, Susie, Jacci, Heather and Christina. Good luck gals!!

7 comments:

Cami said...

I loved reading about you and what has gone on in your life! It is amazing to discover things about your friends and be so impressed with them! I was laughing at all of the things that happened while you were sleeping with hives....baby throwing up in the car and all. When it rains it pours!
p.s. you rocked at yoga tonight!

Cami said...

ok, I had to post again because I just read your 100 things and I loved it! Way fun to get to know you better. We really have a lot in common and I think you are amazing. I am glad we are friends. :-)

Bonnie said...

Thanks Cami!! I was amazed about how much we have in common, too! Poor Autumn, she's surrounded by perfectionists!!

tanya.... said...

Good post! I learned something new about you once again!! So sorry about your past, but so glad that you are with us now!! LOL so glad you are my sister!!

Rochelle said...

Good post!!! Loved it! The good the bad and the ugly, it's all in what we do with what we've been given not actually what we've been given right?
BTW I hate that you ran 4 miles I ate twinkies!

Christina said...

Nice run! It's fun to learn more about you, Bonnie. Now I'll have to work on this!

Autumn said...

Loved it! Glad Jeff got to experience the throw up in the car...every dad should have to deal with that at least once in their lifetime! Glad the eighties are over for you...and you're making a better life for you and your kids! xoxo