Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Maddie's "Big Girl" Room

The boys were out of the crib by the time they were 18 months...so, we finally moved our little girl out of the crib at 23 1/2 months. She has been shaking the crib so much that the front "gate" was always down when we went to get her. We were a bit concerned for her safety.
Here are the before pictures of her room:
Okay, her "baby" room didn't always look this. I don't have any digital pictures of it before we started taking things out: the bumper because she pulled the strings off of it....the mobile because she hung on it and broke it...etc.
I am really proud of the before and after pictures of her dresser. I was told by several "experts" in the painting department that there was "no way" that I could paint over the veneer. Well, two big bottles of toll paint and new knobs and "Voila'!" a dresser that matches her new room for under $10.
Here is her new bed:

We stayed with the "Butterfly and Pink Gingham" theme.

Overall, this project was a great success! Maddie loves her new room and goes to bed easy in her new "Big Girl Pretty Bed." She has been really good about staying in it.

F.Y.I.: When I took her crib apart, I did not have to use a screw driver to loosen any of the screws...her shaking did the trick!! We are so lucky it never collapsed on her!!

5 comments:

tanya.... said...

how cute! I don't know when I will ever take that plunge!!

Autumn said...

I love it! I can't believe she is already a big girl! :(

Rochelle said...

YAY! For big girl beds!! Now soon no diapers right?

Heats said...

I love the white. That's how I did Livvy's room. It's crazy she is big now. Happy Birthday Maddie!! 2 is a big year!

Cami said...

Love it. It looks adorable. I can't wait til I can do this with Heidi's room.