Saturday, November 15, 2008

Don't you hate it when....

...you call the gas company and vacate your house for Family Home Evening because of a "bad odor"...and then, the gas technician comes out to check for leaks to find only a very minor one ...and then, after he leaves you get ambitious and decide to unload your dishwasher to find this melted in the bottom:

Well, this is kind of the predecessor for my crazy first 6 weeks of working. We are well, and I am loving my job...I really don't know if I'd like it as much if I wasn't in management; but, I am very grateful!! Hopefully, things will start turning around for Jeff's business soon, too, and all will be well. I feel like I am finally "adjusting" to working at night. This week my house is actually clean and laundry done before the weekend.... a BIG THANKS to my dear husband who has been stepping up and helping out more! I really couldn't do this without him!! We have had a fun October with family parties and all and I am hoping to start catching up on posting soon. Sorry to all that I have been MIA lately, but I hope to remedy this soon. I look forward to catching up on all of your blogs!! 8)

5 comments:

Christina said...

So good to see you blogging again, Bonnie! I feel like I haven't talked to you forever. I hope you're finding the groove with work and things are getting better in all areas of life. How is your knee?

Susie said...

Oh gee, that's a funny and then again not so funny story about the melted spoon smell evacuating your house. Hey, maybe it was meant to happen because that little leak he found could have killed you all in the night :)
I'm glad to see you got some time to blog again. It sounds like everyone is getting adjusted. I hope you've figured out how to get enough sleep!

Rochelle said...

Glad the leak was nothing serious and that you're liking your job!

Cami said...

That has happened to me so many times that I know immediately where the smell comes from. I hate it when that happens because it not only stinks then, but a few washes afterwards. Funny that you called the gas guy to come have a look! :) Glad you are enjoying work.

Jacci said...

Oh my gosh! that would be a little scary. I hope you are doing good. I havent talked to you forever! see you on thursday!