Monday, August 4, 2008

Week #2 of Yard Sale-ing

Here are my "finds" from the weekend:

Two VHS movies. Cost: $2.00

The boys loved "The Fox and the Hound." But, we had to turn off "Gremlins" when the gremlins came out...Kaleb was a little too scared...screams and all...we had to tell him what happens in the movie so he could go to sleep without having nightmares. Ooops!

A 3-D Cinderella Castle puzzle. Cost: $1.00....

Hours of fun for JEFF = Priceless!!

Completed job...even had all of the pieces!!

"New" table center piece. Cost: $2.50

Budweiser piggy bank bottle. Cost: $0.25....couldn't pass it by...

"New" living room flower arrangement. Cost: $3.00
"New" living room flower arrangement wall hanging. Cost: $5.00
"New" kitchen wall hanging. Cost: $1.00
"New" kitchen arrangement. Cost: $1.00
Lost of "new" reads. Cost: $3.00
Total Spent: $18.75 = "One Happy Shopper!"
"You can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl."
~Jeff

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!! Laughing so hard at Jeff's comment! AMEN to that!! You are such a geek...love the budweiser piggy bank! Duh...I can't believe you would buy Gremlins and expect Kaleb to like it! I want to borrow some of your books...

Christina said...

So fun! It's so nice to get such a bargain on things for the house!

Autumn said...

P.S. Your confession today totally fits with your awesome yard saleing abilities! He He......

Susie said...

Sloppy joe, slop, sloppy joe.
Cool Princess Puzzle, Jeff!
That reminds me, I thought he was too manly to have girls??? (I told Ryan that and have never heard the end of it. He claims he's too manly, too. I NEVER should have told him that story about Jeff!)

Teri said...

I agree with Autumn, I think that was the find of the day! I'm jealous I don't have a Budweiser piggy bank. I always thought Gremlins was a horrible show, they start out so dang cute and cuddly, then what happens.. what does that teach you about life, you'll never want to get married.. or have babies.. lol.