Tuesday, July 29, 2008

B'day BBQ Fun!

Saturday night, we went to a BBQ at Candis's house. The kids had fun playing on a giant blow-up slide. The adults mingled and ate. Afterwards, Candis pulled out her "yard-sale find": a little contraption with four wheels and pedals:

All of the adults had to "try" this out....and then we decided to compete by timing each other. Here is Ella showing us how it is done!
Of course Jeff couldn't pass up the opportunity!
Candis found that she was more efficient with some "arm motion" going on. After the contraption races ( which I sucked at, by the way), Candis decided it was time to try out an obstacle course. Bags on her feet on the slip-n-slide:
We were all scared of breaking bones:)!!
Kaleb showed us all how it's really done!
Then, it was decided that the girls needed to go down the mostly dry slide....Candis did a front dive down drenching her front....Christina did a fabulous "inch worm" impression completely soaking her bum....Dumb little me did this number:

Thankfully, I stuck my hand out just in time to catch myself from falling into a BIG mud puddle.
The slide was mostly dry for me! Thanks, Gals!!

Here is Candis's beautiful yummy cake! It was seriously one of the yummiest chocolate cakes I've ever had!!

Candis blowing out the candles!!

Happy "official" Birthday tomorrow, Candis!! I hope you have the perfect end to your "Birthday Week!"

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

That looks like so much fun! That cake is FABULOUS! The arm motions really give that little contraption spunk!

Autumn said...

LOL! Love the front roll down the slide...I have always told you that you are the most coordinated sister I have! He He He! Glad you caught that on video!

Candis Ellis said...

Hi Bonnie!
That was sooo fun to read. You are just so great and I am so glad that we are such good friends! Thanks for helping me have the most fabulous birthday week ever! I can't wait for many more birthdays we are going to have together (you can never move, by the way!)

Christina said...

Great recap of our fun night. The video is fab. You've got a lot to be proud of, Bonnie. :)

Ella said...

Wow, you got some great pics of our great night! I didn't even see you with a camera. I'm so glad I know you girls. My life is so much more fun!

Teri said...

If I were at that party, I so would have broken at least one bone. I'm not the most graceful. I love the video of the front roll, AMAZING! The other night was a blast, I'm glad that I got to meet you finally! Your loads of fun, buckets even!