Friday, April 18, 2008

The Human "Pack Rat"

This is Kaleb's top drawer in his dresser. I have told him numerable times that it's sole purpose is for clothes....more specifically: socks, underwear, ties, and belts. Can you see any of the above mentioned items in this drawer?? Kaleb likes to keep his "treasures" of the day in here. They have included (but, are not limited to): tags to new clothes, rocks, toy boxes(without the toy inside), junk mail that has been thrown away, etc. I clean out this drawer every other week while he is at school...I usually have a hefty bag of garbage from it. And don't think that I don't provide other areas for him to stash his "treasures." He has three baskets in his closet filled to the rim!

Last month, his Cub Scout troop focused on conservation and recycling, most specifically: "Reduce, Re-Use, and Recycle." For pack meeting, they made "Recycle-bots." Yep, you guessed it!! Robots made out of garbage!! What is Cub Scouts trying to do to me??

Okay, he is really cute....and I'm sure he will reside on the top of Kaleb's dresser for many years to come. But, do you think it has been easy for Kaleb to watch me throw away "perfectly good things" since? Also, his troop made "vases" to hold flowers....I was lucky enough to get two....

If you look close enough, you will notice that these flowers have seen better days....they have been on my counter-top for over a month. Every time I would try to throw them out, I was told that they are still alive because the flowers are still moist. Thankfully, I have moved them to the top of my closet to dry out so that I can "make something with them." I will keep you posted....

2 comments:

Autumn said...

You forgot to mention the fact that his coat with a million pockets weighs 200 lbs. due to all of the loot he has stored in every possible space! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a pack rat for a son...although I think yours takes the cake! :) AWESOME robot!

Jacci said...

holy cow! I used to be a pat rat too, not anymore though so maybe there is still hope! tom is a huge pack rat too but my mom never throws anything away so it is all over his room!!!