Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Met A Celebrity!!

On Saturday, Christina and I went and visited some of the elderly sisters in our Ward. We had a good time reminiscing about the "old days" and seeing their treasures. One sister has a pretty decent sized house that is wall-to-wall with "treasures." After she gave us a grand tour, she told us that she owned the house beside hers and just used it for storage. WOW! Another sister that we met was Beulah Lewis. She told us quite a few stories one of which was about a girl that couldn't get into her prom date's car because her dress was too big...they had to "haul her in the back of the truck." This sister is sharp as can be and has been known to hang her own Christmas lights and climb her peach tree to pick it. Christina got brave enough to ask her how old she is now. She is 98!! I know from then on, I just sat there with a dumb-struck "look of awe" face staring at this sister. When we got home from our presidency meeting Tuesday night, Christina called me and told me that Beulah was on the news. "WHAT?" This sweet, dear old sister went skydiving!!
AMAZING!! I hope that I not only am still here at 98 and as with it as she is, but that I am also as brave she still is!! I can't wait to see her again and ask her about her skydiving adventure!!

6 comments:

Cami said...

Don't you just love things like this? How cool is that. I think talking with the" mature" generation is so uplifting and enlightening. They have so many rich stories from their lives and I love hearing about it. How fun for you to go see her. I wish I could have gone with you. As they say, "everyone has a story, you just need to ask". It's so true.

Rochelle said...

That is so cool! I love it, that will for sure be me!

Christina said...

It was such a fun visit. We need to figure out when we can go do the rest!

Autumn said...

Awesome! I can't believe you hadn't told me about this! That'll be you for sure...I'll be waiting on the ground for you with our walkers handy!

Bonnie said...

Glad I can count on you, Autumn!!

The Petersons said...

Hello! I am Beaulah's great grandson, Blake Peterson. I was searching her name and found your blog. I just love reading about other people recognizing grandma's great achievements! She is such a fun person and we are so proud of her! She has truly lived life to the fullest! She is also very lucky to have great people like you in her ward! Thank you!!