Thursday, September 18, 2008

In case you've ever wondered...

...what would happen if your six-year-old forgot that he started running a bath for himself...for at least 45 minutes...the water spouting from your light fixtures is your first clue that it's NOT good!
Kaleb's room:
Garet's room:
Another view on that:
Yep, that's the carpet pulled up from the padding...
(Breathe in, Breathe out...)
Jeff told me that while he was sucking up water with the vacuum, Garet leaned over to Kaleb and asked: "Have you ever flooded the house?" Kaleb's reply: "No. But we all make mistakes." Kaleb is such a great older brother! Garet and Maddie are so lucky to have him! Hopefully we are doing some things right!?! Now, back to damage control...

9 comments:

Rochelle said...

That's right, just like that, in and out. In and out.

Hang in there!

Autumn said...

I gotta say...you handled that situation remarkably well!! Very calm, cool, and collected! So impressed! Kaleb is cute!

Jacci said...

oh man!!! I think that is all I can say. I have a shop vac call me and I will come help you clean up!

Susie said...

Oh man! Wait a second, someone stole my line. Wow, that's a mess! At least it was just neglect and not pure naughtiness. Like this morning when Zach painted his lips with orange fingernail polish.
Water spouting out of light fixtures? That's bad! So what are you going to do with that carpet? Can you have it restretched?
I think Kaleb sounds like a very wise big brother. You're right, Garret and Maddie are lucky to have him.

Bonnie said...

We're hoping that if we keep fans on the pad for the next 3 - 4 days that we will keep the mold from growing and restretch the carpet. The carpet is still really clean and use-able, thank goodness!!!

Christina said...

Good luck, Bonnie. I'm so sorry about this disaster!

Cami said...

So sorry!! I hope it gets cleaned up ok with no lingering damage. Cute of Kaleb. Don't you love it when they surprise you and do something sweet like that? Cute.

Heats said...

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I would've died and then killed Olivia if she ever did that! Good luck! If I remember right we borrowed your vacuum when our hose leaked in our house and flooded it! What a mess!

Rydgd said...

Bonnie,
I'm not sure you would even remember me, but Jeff and my husband, Spencer are cousins. I saw the link to your blog on Autumn's blog. So fun to see you and Jeff... and your kids all big! So great to catch up with your family. Best of luck with the water disaster- not fun! Check out our blog when you have a sec...hallidayhavoc.blogspot.com - Take care - Rani