Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I "HEART" Yard Sales!!

This summer, I have been converted to shopping yard sales. My friend Candis invited me to go one Saturday. I, like many of you, was somewhat wary and mostly went to hang out with my friends. But, little did I know, how fast I would be converted! I have really found some "great buys" and have saved lots of moo-lah.
Here is my new bike. It is a $200 bike that I found for $10. We bought new tubes and "vwallah!" good as new!
I went to a clearance yard sale for Claire's and found this costume for a dollar.
Gizmo hates the hat, but it "fits" him perfectly!!
Brand new shoes for the boys!! Two for $15!
A child seat to hook onto my bike for Maddie to join in the fun: $5!!
Thanks Candis for converting me!! Can't wait to find more great buys!!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Oooh, you are hooked!
I also got a bike at a yard sale. It was $15, though. I need to find another one, because Ryan seems to think it's his :)
Best thing is that the guy was also selling his bike trailer. And then he threw in a toddler bike helmet for free, for Zach. So $30 total. I feel healthier just having them in my garage!
Oh, and I bought us a couch last weekend. $20! I need to post about that on my blog.

Autumn said...

Impressive!!!

Cami said...

I have always loved yard sales. I would go more often but my whole family loves them and I would go home with way too much stuff. The D.I. is also another llittle secret.... you can find awesome stuff there too. You did great!

Candis Ellis said...

It has truly been my pleasure :). Hey jeff looks pretty sweet on that bike!!